"..NO PURPOSE OF YOURS CAN BE THWARTED. JOB 42:2

Friday, October 29, 2010

Gospel Call Update #2


This is an account from my friend and brother in Christ, Michael H., as he witnessed this last Monday night the 25th.....if you attend the well or live in Boise please be praying about what you can do to participate in helping us bring the gospel to the open air.

Michael says,
Roger and I were able to share the Gospel with a few people on Monday. First Roger approached 3 young men on campus and asked for a few moments of their time. One claimed Christianity, one was an Atheist and the other didn't claim any religious affiliation. Roger engaged them in conversation and then threw me on the spot to share with them the Gospel in a minute before they headed off. I think I took about 3 minutes to share the gospel. The gentlemen listened. I pray that God will open their minds.

I then saw Grace, a girl I had previously tried to witness to with a couple of her friends the week before. She was walking with another gentleman. I engaged them in conversation and found that Dan was a non-practicing Mormon. I tried walking him through the law, but he was hard to pin down. Then I spoke about the Holiness of God and how He calls us to be Holy because He is Holy. I explained the horror of our sin against the Infinite God, and that our sin demanded that justice be met. This Justice pins us all in the corner. I talked about the reasonableness of hell and that Christ is the propitiation for sin.
Dan said he was still trying to figure out who Jesus was and then Roger explained that who Jesus is is not up for debate. We left him with this final word. John 8:24 "If you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sin."

Roger then approached a non-practicing Catholic who admitted that he would spend a long time in Purgatory when he died. Roger shared the Gospel with him and I added a few illustrations. We left him with this word. What he thought was Purgatory is actually hell. Purgatory is a man made doctrine. No amount of Purgatory will purge the sins of man. Christ alone purges sin.

Lastly I handed a tract to a woman who stopped and talked. The first thing she said was that I couldn't convince her that God exists because she didn't even believe in matter. To state it shortly, our conversation did not go anywhere. I am glad it was not my job to convince her. Hopefully God will do a work in her heart.

Please pray that God's will be done in the lives of those who receive tracts and listen to the Gospel. Pray that He be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment